Saturday, April 21, 2012

Train from Delhi to Ramnagar

Looking for information about comfort and safety of Ranikhet Express (train no. 5013) from Delhi to Ramnagar. I%26#39;d be grateful for any comments and or advice from travellers who have taken that train. Should I have any concerns about taking my children in a 3A sleeper?



Train from Delhi to Ramnagar


Try this website: www.seat61.com/india.htm and indiamike.com for trains in India.



Train from Delhi to Ramnagar


Did you try it?



I%26#39;m thnking of doing the same with my 5 children.




We did take the train from the Old Delhi station to Ramnagar and it was fine. The wait in the station was a little tedious as the train was a few hours late and we were the only Westerners in the place. Our teenage girls received a lot of stares, not all friendly. I was glad we had our guide waiting with us to make sure we had the right platform and train as it wasn%26#39;t immediately clear.





The cabins had six bunks each and were open to the corridor so there wasn%26#39;t any way to secure our luggage but we had no problems. Our fellow passengers were friendly and helpful.





Train arrived in Ramnagar in early am. Return train to New Delhi arrived at 4:30am or so. Again, it was nice to have our guide waiting for us to show us the way out.





I wouldn%26#39;t hesitate to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment