Monday, April 23, 2012

help with visa - misspelt name...

I%26#39;ve just had my visa returned from an agency and my middle name is spelt incorrectly - Clarke rather than Clare. I have called the agency and they were pretty unhelpful, just said to send it back to them, however, I%26#39;m off to India on Friday, so they said that I would have to go to the high commission myself, rather defeating the object of using the agency in the first place!





My question really is how hot are they on checking the visa itself at immigration? would they notice if one letter was out of place? don%26#39;t really want to risk it but due to work commitments i haven%26#39;t got much hope of getting to the high commission myself before i go...





any input would be much appreciated!!





thanks,





Kat



help with visa - misspelt name...


i should also add that i%26#39;ve tried and tried to get through to the high commission on the phone but with no success!



help with visa - misspelt name...


That happened to me but luckily I had time to send it back.I thought they would have issued a new visa but they just crossed out the misspelt name and put my correct name underneath. I was a bit worried because I thought that anyone could think I had done it myself.



It was O.K.though because no one mentioned it at all.



They had used a pen with green ink. Thought I would mention that in case you want to alter it yourself. Not that I am saying you should. I would be inclined to leave it and explain if they say anything. Its still your visa and its in your passport even though there is a spelling mistake so you should be O.K.




my wifes visa had the name misspelt. but they must of noticed it before they sent it back. because they had already altered it, and as the previous post said, in GREEN ink. when we entered goa no one batted an eyelid!!!



BOB




You say its the ';middle'; name thats spelt incorrectly. So last name and forename is ok......



If it was me I wouldnt be able to make the embassy at such sort notice so would have to hope for the best. good luck.




thanks for your responses, they%26#39;ve reassured me and i think i%26#39;m going to chance it... or maybe invest in a green pen!



cheers,



kat




dont take any chances.Last year a lady in front of us was refused entry because her middle name was misspelt! not her fault,but they had their rules and stuck to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment