Monday, April 23, 2012

Shimla in late July - what about the monsoons?

My husband and I are heading to Delhi for a friend%26#39;s wedding in late July and would like to go to Shimla afterwards to get away from the heat. But I don%26#39;t know what the Hill stations are like during monsoon season - will we be trapped inside all day? Will we be able to do the regular hikes and visit things like the Rohtang Pass?





My other thought is to head to Rajastan (figure how wet can it get in the desert?), but Shimla is my first choice since I traveled to Rajastan last time I was in India and would like to see somewhere new.





Thanks for any help.



Shimla in late July - what about the monsoons?


April to July (summer) and December/ January is the best time for visit to Shimla. However in the Monsoon season, numbers of tourist comes to Shimla for travel and tourism.





Here is a link from where you can take information on Shimla weather and climate.





http://www.hotelsinshimla.net/weather.html





The site offers information on various categories of hotels in Shimla and important tourist destinations in Shimla.





Happy Journey



Shimla in late July - what about the monsoons?


Thanks! Looks like we are going in early August (after a wedding in Delhi). Really looking forward to it and will check out the website for hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment