Saturday, April 21, 2012

Delhi Airport Layover

On my way back from India to Los Angeles, I have 8 hours layover in Delhi. My flight from Jodhpur arrives in Delhi at 3:00pm and the flight to Los Angeles leaves at 11:00pm. Any suggestions to kill 5 hours there? I%26#39;m considering to hire a car and have the driver pick me up at the airport, take me sightseeing or shopping for several hours and drop me off at the airport. Do you have any recommendation for such services?



Delhi Airport Layover


Our tour operator has stuck us in the Ashok Country Hotel which is popular for %26#39;layovers%26#39; - you can book 1/2 day room apparently and it%26#39;s only a short drive from the airport.





We will be there from lunchtime on day 1 until the following morning so I%26#39;m not at all happy at being stuck 25km out in the sticks. However, someone recommended going to one of the shopping malls in Gurgoan (see my ';Hotel located 25km from Delhi'; thread dated 25/2), and to avoid travelling into Delhi between 5.30pm - 8.30pm because the traffic is busy.





If Gurgoan is near our hotel I%26#39;d imagine it will be just as near to the airport. Did a quick google for Gurgoan and there does indeed seem to be a selection of shops. Sorry, can%26#39;t help further than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment