Saturday, April 21, 2012

tandoori ovens

Being a chef, is it possible to bring home a smallish tandoori oven for your personal use? if so how much? and how do you get it home in one piece??,



what would the carriage be??



tandoori ovens


Yes it is possible, you would have to pack it seperatly with bubble wrap ect.



Price depends on how big...the one I brought back was 12.00 quid and they wrapped it for me in hessian sacking and as not too heavy and fitted in the over head lockers ..just!





So cost me no extra.



tandoori ovens


Smudger have a look at www.tandooriq.co.uk





Think you,ll like it.





Goangrasshopper.




have you seen the price of them?????





I have mine on the patio for bbq%26#39;s...its a great thing to use once or twice then you can put plants in it..




tandoori plants eh!





goangrasshopper.




tried growing pot plants once .....












So your into hotpants Alisha!! Oooops hot plants :-)





Goangrasshopper.




oh!! this is getting silly! can I or can%26#39;t I bring this item back?? sorry to be so crass! BUT? i%26#39;m seerious in this request




you can bring one back but would have thought it would be expensive as far as weight allowance. I,ve been contemplating on whether to buy one. The site I suggested to you have lovely tandoors Once I got myself sorted out I,m going to have a good look again. As your a chef I,d have thought you would have gone at a minimum for a medium size one, as you need the space to cook the naan breads. Wouldn,t have thought you would get much space in a small one. I,m sure you noticed how the Goans were slapping the breads against the inside sides of the oven so they would stick. :-)





Out of interest what sort of chef are you?.





I would imagine that when you go to Goa your pencil sharpener is going to get worn out.





Goangrasshopper.




Why would the pencil sharpener get worn out?





and I am into food a bit too and the one I got is ok for the family. and I carried back as hand baggage.



They didnt weigh it.




Alisha honey,





Any good chef is always looking for a good recipe. As all the food we eat in Goa is lovely Smudgy will be in heaven writing down recipes. Most of the chefs at the restaurants are quite happy telling you how to cook stuff I wish I took a pencil as I,ve ended up forgeting some of the amounts of what you need, so what I end up cooking is not what I thought I would end up having:-)





Goangrasshopper.


  • mascara
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment