Saturday, April 21, 2012

Monarch - Aircraft changes

Hi,

I have read in a few places that Monarch occasionally change the type of aircraft flying from Manchester to Goa so that there are no Permium seats available, I think these are only on the A330 and the other aircraft that they use is the A300. Have any TA members experienced this recently?

Thanks,

Shirley

Monarch - Aircraft changes

Yes, it happened to us comming back on the 26th of

Jan.

Monarch - Aircraft changes

If you have paid for premium seats but there aren%26#39;t any - what redress do you have, also, what notice do you have that the aircraft has been downgraded?

Thanks,

Shirley


Just in case anyone is interested.

I have spoken with Jewel Holidays with whom we booked and they confirm that the change of aircraft does happen usually at the last moment due to a technical problem or if the aircraft scheduled isn%26#39;t where it should be. Passengers would be notified at checkin and given a letter to send to the tour operator for a refund of the Premium part of the holiday.


I was on that flight going out on the 26th and it wasn%26#39;t available

it was on the 10th feb on the return


I%26#39;m worried now - it seems as though it%26#39;s pot luck whether you get your premium seats or not - don%26#39;t want to tell Hubbie because I think he may cancel!


the problems around the 26 Jan flight from MAnchester were due to an eagle flying into the engine of the plane in Goa which meant it could not make the return trip to Manchester. Rather than delay passengers by 24 hours whilst it was fixed, Monarch drafted in a replacement aircraft which did not have Premium cabin. We were told we would be able to apply for a refund and a 2 hour delay was much more preferable to 24 hours!


I guess - but it seems that they have lots of excuses lots of times for not coming up with the goods - ie premium cabin - mind you an eagle is a new one!


I can vouch for the bird strike!

My Partner flys for monarch and was due to operate the flight out to goa again after it landed in manchester. The flight was delayed and he was delayed flying out!

I know sometimes the excuses seem ridiculous but this one was true!!


I wasn%26#39;t suggesting it wasn%26#39;t true. It%26#39;s almost quite funny although I probably wouldn%26#39;t have found it very funny at the time!


I know! Its just that sometimes i dont believe all the things i hear from airlines but i knew this one was 100% true!

  • mascara
  • am i going to jail for fraud
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment