Thursday, April 19, 2012

Goa worth the trip after Kerala??

Hi there, I am spending 2/3 weeks in Kerala (arrived 2 days ago) seeing beach, backaters, national park, tea plantations - I then plan to make my way up to Mumbia - should I stop off in Goa - will I see anything different? I am hoping to be in Nepal mid April and want to fit in Rajastan and Uttar Pradesh in a month - therefore should I skip Goa altogether?

If I do for a few days beach - I was looking at Palolem or Arombol? Looking for chilled out vibe, not package holidays.....where would you recommend?

Goa worth the trip after Kerala??

I have never fancied Goa over Kerala, to tell the truth. Goa is a beach destination, but not half as beautiful as say, Thailand. Kerala has other cultural things of more interest to me, and I like the lushness of Kerala better than Goa.

Goa is also green, but in terms of what it has over and above Kerala, I would say it has Portuguese churches/history, and a cuisine that is influenced by the Portuguese, that%26#39;s it.

Goa worth the trip after Kerala??

Goa is good to visit the Portuguese old towm. Otherwise it is just more beaches. You should get your fill of beaches in Kerala.

Re. Nepal, I was there a few weeks ago and also last October. Situation is getting bad with 8 hours of power shortage a day and restrictions on petrol/gas.

Horrible traffic jams in KTM and the maoists demonstrating too often for a tourist taste. Maybe going directly to Pokhara and a trekking destination is a good idea vs lingering in KTM.

  • get rid of mites on rabbit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment