Monday, April 16, 2012

Well I am going back

After visiting Goa 5 times the last time 2 years ago I am going back. I stated at the time I would not go again because of the dreadful airport and the sellers on the beach which seemed to get out of hand.





I went on a Caribbean Cruise last year and this year I went to the Dominican Republic, dont get me wrong I really enjoyed these holidays but you cannot depend on the weather in the caribbean and the hotel in the Dom Rep whilst in was very luxurious it was a bit like a posh Butlins. I missed the wall to wall sunshine, the beach shacks and dare I say it the friendly sellers on the beach so much so I will have to put up with the hassle at the airport.





We are staying at the Dona Syvia which will be our third visit there, we only use it for breakfast and the occasional dinner, cannot wait to go to the Goan Village, Bettys and lunch at the Riverview roll on January.



Well I am going back


I don%26#39;t blame you,



there really is no holiday to compare to Goa.it is a wonderful place with wonderful people.just remember when someone tries to get you into their shop and you say no,do not promise to do so in the future,just say maybe!



steve



Well I am going back


And never say tomorrow because tomorrow never comes! There is no where like Goa and the Goan people.




Well Doz you%26#39;ve made me wonder. We went 5* in Mexico last year and the Dominican Republic the year before that - so how will we feel about Goa? If you can%26#39;t get it from under our skin, I can only imagine what we will be planning for next year - back to 5* in the Caribbean or back to Goa - we will see after 5 weeks from now.





Incidentally, we are going to be at the Dona Sylvia too!




By the way, Mr %26amp; Mrs Saffidog have a wonderful holiday - be sure to keep us in the loop upon your return.




Thanks theworldsmyoyster, we will :-)



steve




Doz, Dabolim airport is improving. This is particularly noticeable when leaving Goa. A few years ago i lost count of how many people opened my passport, passed it on to the person sitting next to them, who in turn passed it to the next one to stamp it. And going into the airport now they have 2 conveyor belts now. The boys in brown suits are no longer allowed into the baggage hall. Soon will be Dabolim International airport...




Hi Theworldsmyoyster Please do not expect the luxury of the 5* accomodation in the Caribbean at the Dona Sylvia. It is a very friendly hotel with great staff as I said previously we eat out mainly because the food is so good in the restaraunts and unlike other hotels most restaurants are within walking distance. I found the hotel food quite good but my night out is sitting in a restaurant being waited on and enjoying the ambience of Goa.





The first time we visited in 1999 we stayed at the Nanu at Colva and because everything was alien to us, for the first week we never ventured from the hotel ';big mistake'; walking in the morning along miles of sand with just the odd dolphin popping up now and again was wonderful. Then having lunch in one of the shacks with a cold kingfisher beer is paradise.





As you are staying at the Dona Sylvia you must go for lunch at the Riverview it is spectacular.





Enjoy Doz




Amen to that Steph!!




Ah Dagenham, I%26#39;m afraid its jobs for the boys at Dabolim!!




Thanks Doz. We%26#39;re not really expecting the same standards that we%26#39;ve had in the Caribbean, we%26#39;ve told the kids not to think it%26#39;ll be anything like they%26#39;ve seen before. I don%26#39;t think you ever get used to seeing true poverty but I think we know what to expect after going to Kenya and Cuba. Having said that we are all looking upon it as a great adventure and I%26#39;m sure it will be.





I suppose the Dona Sylvia isn%26#39;t the best choice for Goa, being all-inclusive but we did get a good deal and I figured it being our first time it was a good start. We have every intention of getting out and about and plan to eat out at least every other day. The good thing about Goa is that you can venture out very safely, especially after dark and we really do love that but you couldn%26#39;t have done it in the Dominican and some other places we%26#39;ve been to.





I%26#39;ve got a list of recommended places to eat and the Riverview is sitting quite firmly at the top ;-)


  • origins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment