Friday, April 13, 2012

Restaurants in Cavelossim

Hi





Anybody who have found (a) good restaurant(s) in Cavelossim? and what kind of food do they serve? and what is the price level?





Thanks for your answers:-)



Restaurants in Cavelossim


A good thread to read through is Favourite Restaurant in South Goa (I%26#39;ve bumped it up)



Restaurants in Cavelossim


tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k1…




Thanks a lot for your response. It is great to have an expert like you on the line:-) We go to Cavelossim for the first time and stay at ';your'; resort - Luisa by the Sea.



We have only been to Goa once before and then we stayed in Calangute, so we look very much forward to seing the south.



I have a few questions which I very much hope you%26#39;ll answer:-)



Do you have any recommendations concerning tailoring of clothes in Cavelossim?



How far are local supermarkets from the resort?



Internet - are there any places near the resort where you can get internetconnections with your owne labtop?



Have you an ayurveda-place near the resort that you can recommend?



My husband likes fishing - do have any tour operators in the area that you can recommend - also if we should go seing dolphins?



How much is the rate of a Taxi to Palolem and how long does it take?



Do you think Margoa is worth a trip for shopping? DO you have any places you can recommend to go in there?



Do you have other recommendations for beginners in the south, that we shall bear in mind - we are 3 adults and 2 children girl age 6 and boy age 15 months.



Thanks a lot in advance for your answers:-)





Else




I%26#39;m not an expert I just talk too much ;-) Fishing-wise Julio%26#39;s and Jacks both do fishing trips as well as dolphin trips, for Dolphins go on the early morning trip (before breakfast) as that is when the dolphins are most active.It has also been know to fish from the pontoon at the River View restaurant which is 5 mins from Luisa. For groceries there is a small grocery shop on the lane that goes down to The Goan Village, Mikes Place etc. (there is a short cut to the lane at the bottom left corner of Luisa) and also one just oposite the Haathi Mahal. Margao is a great but manic market town which kids might find a little hot and intense. Tailor-wise we tend to but material in Margao and use a local tailor in Margao but if you search this forum I am sure you will find tips on a good tailor in Cavelossim. I can%26#39;t remember what you all asked so will post again if I missed anything :-) Just remembered another question....there is an internet cafe%26#39; in the block of shops passed D%26#39;mellos the pharmacy. If you turn right outside Luisa main gates and walk passed the shops, then the Haathi then the Pharmacy it is on the next block.




For other boat trips and also a menu (which will give you an idea of prices) have a look at www.bettysgoa.com




Goanjock, I went into Johns (Jewellery) shop and he brought a tailor to me, a Mr Pradeep, I thinks he works out of the Holiday Inn but he was also out and about in Cavelossim, if I dig about a bit I think I have his card in a handbag somewhere. His workmanship was excellent, and choice of materials good, I was interested in silks and bought some beautiful heavy weight silk from him. So if you are interested MD bump me and I will post the details.




Another great tailor is Ramesh, down by the Jazz Inn. He has many repeat customers and I shall be using him this year.




I was looking for a tailor in Cavelossim to make my husband some shirts - looks like Jaan%26#39;s my man again - poor guy%26#39;s going to be sick of the sight of me by the end of two weeks! lol




If you do go to Margao a great place for a cold beer and a bit of people watching is Longhuino%26#39;s which is on the top right corner of the municipal square, if you follow the road on the top left corner (where all the tuk tuk%26#39;s are) diagonally up a small hill you have the Vinive Garden on your right which has a peaceful garden restaurant, further up the hill is Banjara which has an A/C classy basement restaurant and serves fabulous Indian food (Muglai style) and a little further down a lane on your left is Tato%26#39;s upstairs is air-conditioned and is a great spot for breakfast along with all the locals :-)




You are off there soon aren%26#39;t MAG, chat to you whilst you there. Looking forward to April.

No comments:

Post a Comment