Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Monarch Plus

We have recently enjoyed our first holiday in Goa (Candolim) and have just booked to go again next Jan. I wanted to book Monarch Plus, it costs £34 each and you get a few extras but most importantly it allows an extra 5 kilos of baggage per person, but the person taking my booking has said that Monarch Plus is being discontinued as from October of this year. Can anybody throw any light as to why or even if this is true. Maybe i was just fobbed off.

Monarch Plus

I think they are now part of thomas cook and they maybe do thing different.

Monarch Plus

I booked yesterday to travel with Monarch from Manchester in November, Saturday check in. I bagged the last 2 seats in premium class and paid £99 extra each way, which I think is good value, especially as I am a silver surfer. Extra luggage, extra leg room, upgraded food and free drinks all the way.

I do not think Thomas Cook have taken over Monarch, we go to El Gouna next week and the information which came with our tickets states Thomas Cook, My Travel, Sunset, Panorama, Aspro and, Manos, are all part of the same company.

thekayes1


Hi, I don%26#39;t know for definate but I would say your information is probably correct. The reason I say this is because we have booked with Cosmos Elite for this December. As an Elite customer you are automatically entitled to the Monarch Plus at no extra charge. We have recently received a letter, however, to say that this is no longer included. It didn%26#39;t make any difference to us because we had already paid for premium.

I have heard - but I don%26#39;t know how true this is - that Monarch are taking some seats out to make the seat pitch bigger from October this year - this would make sense then for the Monarch plus to not be available - but as I say - I don%26#39;t know how true that is.


Oh please excuse my spelling mistakes - I type too quickly then don%26#39;t check. Life%26#39;s too short!


Hello thekayes1,

May i ask how much your flight cost (you don%26#39;t have to tell me) it is just that we always go by scheduled flight so we have more leg room but it does make the journey alot longer, usually involving a stopover in Dubai or Mumbai.


Hello,

We have used same travel company for 10 years now and they always manage to beat any compertion, what I will say on the forum is it is a bog standard flight Manchester - 1hr stop Baharain - Dabolim, premium makes it a little bit better, we have to fly Friday as check in day at our time-share is Saturday. I will pm you details of amount paid

Regards

thekayes1


Thanks everybody for the reply.

  • migrating existing portal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment