Monday, April 16, 2012

Bridal Shopping in Mumbai

Hello,



I am travelling to Mumbai on 16th Sept for 4 days wedding shopping. I am a european bride to be marrying my Indian Fiance next year. Please can you suggest shops I should visit for latest anglo / indian designer fashions - I am after a beautiful lengha that is traditional but also approriate for our english wedding ceremony. I will also be looking for silk and tissue fabrics to bring home for my bridesmaids dresses, as well as accessories and jewellery if I have time...



Since my time is very limited, and I have never visited the city before, I have been advised about chauffeur driven wedding shopping guided tours in Mumbai, can you suggest any companies I could contact to arrange such a service?? My filghts and hotel are already booked.



Many thanks for your urgent help!!!



J.



Bridal Shopping in Mumbai


There are really many many shops that have bridal and indo-western evening wear:





1. Ritu Kumar is a seriously good label for lehengas. http://www.ritukumar.com/ has a list of all her stores.





2. The Sheetal design studio is very good.



yonearth.com/showcase/…index.html





3. Vama at Pedder Road is good, so is Kimaya at Kemps Corner.





4. Abu Jani %26amp; Sandeep Khosla http://www.abusandeep.com/





5. Tarun Tahliani is also good.



http://www.taruntahiliani.com/





5. In the Western suburbs, there are many stores, including Seasons, Sakhi, Bawree, Millionaire Woman, Benzer Woman and so on.





For a bigger list of Indian designers please take a look at



seasonsindia.com/beauty/fashdesigners_sea.htm





Other suggestions:



- Fancy purses with sequins etc - try the shopping arcade at the Oberoi. (there is a Ritu Kumar also there, but it is a small shop). Vama also has good bags



- The crystal studded shoes at Rinaldi in Colaba are a must



- Western and cocktail dresses from Taj Treasures at the Taj Mahal Hotel, Mumbai





Are you arriving alone? Is there someone from your fiance%26#39;s family who can go with you? If there is, then you can go with them. Shops are clustered in 3-4 major shopping areas, so it is not difficult.





If you don%26#39;t have family, then there are shopping guides who you can go with. Please write to me for details.



Bridal Shopping in Mumbai


Hello Deepa,





Thanks so much for your reply, your information is really useful!





My fiance does have relatives in the city who may be able to spend some time with me, but probably not the whole period, hence why I was interested to know of shopping guide services.





I have been in email contact with such a service advertised on the ';My Dream Shaadi'; website - have you heard of them?? Many thanks once again





J.




I don%26#39;t know NRI Direct, the guys that advertise on Dream Shaadi. But the ad looks interesting.





My only discomfort came from the fact that they had ';visits to factory and wholesale outfits with assured discounts'; - I personally would prefer a fixed price shopping experience (since there are so many stores that have fixed prices). When it comes to expensive shopping, such as wedding shopping, I really don%26#39;t want to be first quoted inflated prices, then negotiate them, and then still at the end of it all, not be sure if I paid the right price. I%26#39;d also prefer to be sure that there is no commission and kickback arrangement and that everyone around me in the store is paying the same price.





But that%26#39;s just me :) not everyone feels that way.




Jules, Deepa%26#39;s absolutely right about the kickbacks and arrangements that a lot of these people have with certain stores. Sometimes they even guide you to places which offer rather questionable quality just because the kickbacks there are more lucrative.



That said, I really dont know the ';My dream shaadi'; people. They could very well be the exception... I%26#39;ve no idea.



If you%26#39;re looking for jewellery, Hughes Road has got a number of good shops with a lot of traditional as well as contemporary pieces.



To Deepa%26#39;s list, I would add %26#39;Kimaya%26#39; in the western suburbs for clothes.




For Indian designers, these are the places to visit;





1. The Courtyard at Colaba, behind Fariyas Hotel. Lots of Indian designers have their outlets here.





2. Ensemble near Lion Gate at Kalaghoda stocks apparel designed by several good Indian designers.





3. Both Kimaya at Kemp%26#39;s Corner and Aza at Altamount Road also carry many designers.





4. The Sky Zone at High Street Phoenix has designer outlets. Phoenix also has a large Ritu Kumar store.




I am an avid lover of Sheetal. I go there every time we go to Mumbai and their clothes are superb as is their service, and they will deliver to your hotel. Do ask them to show you their bindis too, because they are STUNNING jewelled creations.




i just want to say thank you to everyone who wanted to help Jules, as i am also going to mumbhai to do my wedding shopping and being a perfectionist i dont really want to go to the market stalls, i have found the best shops to go to and have cut down my shopping time needed by half.





thank you once again to all of you.




Hi,





I am getting married in May. My fiance is christian so am looking for places that have weddign gowns. Can someone sugest a few place in Mumbai for this?




My Dream Shaadi is based in kolkata



http://www.mydreamshaadi.in/services.html



…justdial.com/namrata-international_lala-laj…




Please see this page for bridal wedding gowns: names and addresses of designers / seamstresseses are listed here:





http://silver-pages.com/gowns/gowns.asp#top

No comments:

Post a Comment