Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trips

Hi Everyone!



My husband and I are going to the Baga beach area of Goa in 3 weeks time. (our first time! )



As an animal lover , I am keen to see tigers and elephants in their natural habitat . I have heard that the Tiger and elephant safari by goa2u.com is good. This involves a train ride to Karnataka and onto a reserve. Has anybody been on this trip and are the animals treated well?



I would also love to wash and bathe with elephants but I have read some conflicting views on the treatment of the elephants.Can anybody recommend somewhere that I can experience this where the elephants are well cared for and are not being exploited?



Has anybody stayed in a Rajastan tent on Cola beach.I have been given the e-mail address of Peter Fernandes. Is this worth doing?



Finally does the departure tax have to be paid in American dollars?



Sorry to ask so many questions, but as a novice to Goa I would welcome any advice



Hope someone replies!!



Cheers



Claire xxx





Trips


Hi Claire





Here%26#39;s a posting I made yesterday for a similar question.





Take a look at this site



jewelinthecrownholidays.com/brochure_goa/thi…



These trips are bookable locally through other people at varying prices but this should give you an idea.



We did the elephant trip a few years ago and it was brilliant. There are other trips you can do for one day with your taxi driver if you%26#39;re on a budget but I think the jungle book trip is value for money. Not only do you get to be close to these animals you learn something about them too.



BC





Welcome to the forum





Jeff



Trips


Hi Jeff,



I will certainly check out your recommendations. Many thanks !



Kind Regards



Claire xx




They have nice trips but expensive ones look at this site instead.





http://daytrippergoa.com/all-in-one.html




Will do !



Thanks Petemacc




Departure tax!!





Not heard anyone mention this before.....anyone help?




It does seem there is a departure tax officially



seems like all the agents have included it in the price of holidays, but I never heard of anyone who was independant being charged it either.





Perhaps we had better keep quiet in case someone official reads this and realises they could sting us for a few quid more :-)





ian ..........




I just looked at the small print at the back of the brochure my holiday is in and it states that departure tax is included in the holiday price. I guess it depends who you travel with but I looked in a couple of other brochures too and they all say the same.




There used to be a departure tax, years ago - either 300 or 600 rupees, can%26#39;t remember which - but it hasn%26#39;t been in operation for a long time.




Thanks everyone about info on departure tax. I%26#39;ll just wait and see what happens!




We stayed in the tents on Cola beach and it was wonderful.



Tents were lovely, own bathrooms, comfortable beds, dressingtable, chairs, and two lovely relaxing deck chairs out front. Hammocks under trees, and only a few people about so very relaxing. Food was excellent , buffet style, very friendly and helpful staff. We had entertainment, local folk dancing, and bonfire and songs, it was well worth doing. A beautiful setting, and the ride over the mountains to get there was awesome, monkeys in the trees, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment