Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mosquitos

What its like for mosquitos at this time of year?



Mosquitos


They are about, especially early morning and evenings,so anti-malarials and a good repellant(50% deet) are needed.Boots do a good 50% deet one, a bit pricey but did the trick last year.



steve



Mosquitos


I just got back last night. I got bit to hell one night - 11 bites in the space of a couple of hours. I was wearing odomos but I agree that you definitely need deet. I bought some deet wipes from Boots at the airport and used them for the rest of the time. I am usually OK with odomos but I doubt I%26#39;d risk it again.




Hi Heidihoo - where abouts in Goa were you staying?





Shirley




Its the day time insects that seem to bite me,use boots 50% for night time works for me.




That will be the sand flies poulton kid, they get me too but at least they don%26#39;t carry malaria.



steve




I was staying in Calangute but the place I got bit beyond belief was in the Sun Kissed hotel garden. We were invited to a child%26#39;s birthday party there by a goan friend of ours. We got there about 9pm and left about midnight.


  • origins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment