Monday, April 16, 2012

Best way to take your money to Goa

I used to travel to Goa 11years ago. At this time it was necessary to take travellers cheques. Could any one advice what the best way is to take money. I am staying in Arpora. I understand there are ATM%26#39;s and wonder if this might be better than travellers cheques Thanks



Best way to take your money to Goa


The advice on here seems to be to open a Nationwide Flexi Account and if you withdraw money from the ATM%26#39;s, which are supposed to be plentiful, you won%26#39;t get charged and you get business rates which are better.





We are going in five weeks and I%26#39;ve just opened one, saves carrying cash and keeping it in a safe or going to the bother of changing traveller%26#39;s cheques.



Best way to take your money to Goa


That is exactly what I would do in Europe but was wondering how safe the ATM%26#39;s are in India. Wasn%26#39;t sure if they are safe. The Nationwide card is the cheapest and travellers cheques will incur a charge. Again \i%26#39;m not sure what the commission would be on travellers cheques.




I think a lot of then ATMs in Goa have security guards so you should be fine. Loads of people on here use them without any problems. I%26#39;m in the minority as I still take travellers cheques and pay 1% commission when I buy them though I%26#39;ve never been charged for cashing them in Goa.




Never had a problem using ATMs. I think I%26#39;d rather use one there than in central London!




there are two rates in goa one for cash and one for travellers cheques. If you are going to use a debit/credit card let your bank know before you go as I went to use my card towards the end of the holiday it wouldn%26#39;t let me have any money. It appears that it is a security thing and once you let the bank know they will unlock that account




we went out at christmas, we got Going Places travellers cheque card, all the benifits of travellers cheques but as its on a card you can use it at ATM machines or shops or resturates. You pay your commission when you load your card, so when you use it abroad theres no commission. you can put money on week by week if you want as well. we had no problems with it at all,




From lots of good advice I have been given you do not pay any commission using a Nationwide Flexi Account.




We have used the Nationwide flexi card for quite some years all around the world, never had a problem with atm`s.



When in Brazil last year we were advised to use only the Banks atm`s, not the ones on the streets, as there was cloning cards going on there.



I always ring the Nationwide to confirm the Debit and Credit card will be used in the country we are visiting.




My card was a lloyds-tsb card and it probably did me a favour as my sister had plenty of travellers cheques left so we cashed them which meant I din%26#39;t overspend as I had to pay her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment