Thursday, March 29, 2012

No Exec Chair car on Shatabdi?

At the IRTC website for reservation on the Shatabdi express from delhi to Agra, I dont see the Executive Chair Car listed under travel classes ie. on the reservation screen. Has this class been discontinued or what?



No Exec Chair car on Shatabdi?


Its listed under 1A



No Exec Chair car on Shatabdi?


I cant find it under 1a. It offers only berths. No mention of chairs.





Also when I press the Go button after listing the 2 passengers, the site keeps insisting ';there is no third passenger'; and refuses to proceed to the next page. Very difficult site indeed.




Also, which banks will accept a UK credit card ? The IRTC site does not make this clear. tried 3 banks and they will accept only their local card!




Try Citibank. It did not accept my Finnish VISA, but accepted Diners and should accept Eurocard and/or American Express as well.




Thanks. Citibank worked, the other two, HDFC Bank and ICCI just could not work the transaction.





And I think Ive got the Exec chair car as well sorted. Took 2 hours altogether! Should be easier now that Ive got the hang of the IRTC website.




I tried for 2 weeks to book my trains on IRCTC site. It would not accept my UK visa credit card payment. It drove me mad. In the end a tour company came to my rescue. I too was surprised to see Ex chair not offered on most of the journeys. Im off in 2 days and hopefully my tickets will be delivered to my delhi hotel!




We booked electronic tickets, so after succeded in booking the tickets (after many, many tries) we did not have to worry about getting the tickets delivered to us.




cards issued out side india are not mainly accepted on indian websites due to web security concerns...



but i hope if u talk with them they will accept it after confirmation probaly from bank

No comments:

Post a Comment