Thursday, March 29, 2012

Travel plugs

I read that a 3 round pin plug adapter would be best but also that the European ones could be used as well. I%26#39;m only there for a week so unlikely to need a great deal of electrical stuff.... but just in case. What%26#39;s best and where has anyone got a 3 round pin one from as every shop in my city centre is devoid of them! Worldwide seems to suggest 2 pin plugs only (round or flat pins).





Travel plugs


Hi gecko,





Indian plug points have 3 round holes arranged in a triangle- like British ones except the pins are cylindrical.





Most adaptors for India only have 2 pins. These work fine, but the absence of the top pin means they are prone to falling out if the plug point is in an awkward position.





You can buy these kind of Worldwide adaptors at Heathrow airport and probably most regional airports too.





If you want the proper 3 pronged adaptor you%26#39;d have to send away for it I think (there%26#39;s a US company that does them), or perhaps try a travel shop like Black%26#39;s.



Travel plugs


Thanks. With only 2 weeks to go I probably haven%26#39;t time to order one online, so as I%26#39;m there only 1 week I think I%26#39;ll attempt to get by with the 2 pin one then.

No comments:

Post a Comment