Thursday, March 29, 2012

Best rooms at the Nanu resort Goa

Going to Goa for the very first time in March, flying Monach, booked premier class ( after reading the reports) our tour operator is Jewel in The Crown and we are staying at the Nanu Resort.





Can anybody recommend the best rooms at the Nanu Resort similarly is there any rooms we should avoid. Any other information would be very much appreciated.



Best rooms at the Nanu resort Goa


The Nanu says it has three different categories of room - standard, deluxe and super deluxe. However, they are all basically the same. As far as I know, the standard ones are just those that haven%26#39;t been upgraded for a while, and the super deluxe ones have a fridge. I prefer the ones on the left and nearer reception than the pool, otherwise it can be a bit noisy on Russian karaoke night (the Russians seem to have taken to karaoke with great gusto). We had room 409 this time I think, which was nice and quiet.





The Nanu%26#39;s a little bit remote, but it is quiet around there. Betalbatim village is a good 20 minute walk up the road (and don%26#39;t be fooled by thinking the first clutch of houses you come to is the village - you need to keep walking), but there are shops there and a couple of good restaurants. The nearest ATM is in Colva which is about a 20-25 minute walk down the beach or a taxi ride. There are always taxis outside the gate.





There are about seven beach shacks within a five minute walk of the hotel. We use the Sea Princess, which is almost the last one on the left (last but one, actually). There are several good restaurants in Majorda, a short taxi ride away. In order of preference, Crab Key, Palm Shades, Pentagon, and Sinatra%26#39;s Chilli, which is a little out of the village.





Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.



Best rooms at the Nanu resort Goa


Thank you, I am sure before we go I will have some more questions. We are looking forward to the trip but are a little apprehensive.




No need to be apprehensive about the hotel. The staff are lovely there, the pool%26#39;s nice. Rooms are fairly basic, but spotlessly clean. Beds are a bit hard, but you get used to it! We don%26#39;t eat there in the evenings as we find the food pretty bland and much better in the shacks or restaurants. Breakfast is good - everything from porridge, fruit, juice, bacon/sausages, eggs any way you like, toast, rolls, baked beans, tomatoes, curry, idlis. Big Seby will probably be in charge of breakfasts while you%26#39;re there. He%26#39;s worth cultivating to bring you things at breakfast time so the crows don%26#39;t nick your food off the table! There are some tables around the outside of the restaurant, and people unwittingly go and get fruit, toast and all sorts and put it on the tables while they go to get something else. Ever the opportunists, the crows dive in and pinch it and the innocent guest returns to find all their food vanished and they have to start again. The waiters do their best to keep the crows away! I don%26#39;t mean to put you off - it%26#39;s just all part of life%26#39;s rich pattern.




Hi, LGG says there%26#39;s no need to be apprehensive about the hotel %26amp; I%26#39;d add that there%26#39;s absolutely no need to be apprehensive about the area - my opinion is that it%26#39;s a lovely quiet, friendly %26amp; unthreatening area - I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll have a great time.





Andy.




I quite agree and I should have said that too - the area is fine. I%26#39;ve stayed there with my partner and on my own and I%26#39;ve never had any problems.




Hi Have you used the spa at the hotel? Also any trips you would recommend, we would like to do just a couple of trips but want to make sure we choose the right ones. Thanks




What spa? There%26#39;s an ayurvedic place there, but it%26#39;s not what I%26#39;d call a spa. I did have a massage there, but it wasn%26#39;t quite what I was expecting. I don%26#39;t think it%26#39;s their fault - merely that I hadn%26#39;t realised that it was going to consist of lots of massaging LOTS of oil all over you. I was expecting more of a sort of deep tissue massage.





And trips out. Well, I%26#39;d go to Old Goa, for the churches, which are stunning, and if you like towns, I%26#39;d also go to Panjim for a wander around and some shopping. A trip to the spice plantation is pretty good too. In March there may not be much water at Dudhsagar in the waterfall. Anjuna market is held on a Wednesday up in the north - I don%26#39;t enjoy it much these days because it%26#39;s just too big and hassly, but that may be because I%26#39;m turning into a grumpy old woman. I haven%26#39;t been to Ingo%26#39;s night market I%26#39;m afraid, so I can%26#39;t comment on that, nor have I been washing elephants. The nearest town is Margao, which isn%26#39;t a tourist town at all. There%26#39;s a great covered market there (local market), and there is also now a department store, which is pretty good with a largish supermarket on the fourth floor. I like Margao, but I appreciate why some people (my husband) think it%26#39;s hell on earth - it is busy, and it%26#39;s noisy, but it%26#39;s interesting. Any of the taxi drivers will be able to take you on the trips that you want to do - it%26#39;s cheaper and much more relaxing - you can do everything at your own pace.




Hi again do you know if the Nanu has an email address




try this one: nanu@nivalink.com





Andy.




Or this one nrpl@nanuindia.com which is the address I dealt with last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment