Saturday, April 21, 2012

mobile phones

hi guys

what type of mobile phones work in goa? is it tri-band or quad-band . trying to work out whoes phone to take in case of emergancies. by the way we fly in 4 and a bit days can%26#39;t wait

thanx

pepsi12

mobile phones

you can but sim cards over there

but its cheap to call home from goa

there is lots of super markets that have sim cards

mobile phones

Hi Pepsi,

Not totally sure but I think you have to get sim cards from correct outlets. I also think you have to supply 2 passport photos and your passport to register. I know the Elephant shop does it. You need a tri band phone if you want to use yours to ring home, but you can take an old phone with you and they will unlock it. I think its about £10 and some places are offering free minutes with that.

As I say I%26#39;m not a hundred percent sure, and other people will probably put me right, but I%26#39;m sure I%26#39;m closer to the truth than the last person.

Jane


Pepsi,

Sorry also meant to wish you a great holiday, we fly next friday.

Where are you staying??

Jane


Can you buy mobile phones in India?


I had a tri-band phone with me earlier in the year that worked fine. At the time I was with Orange and had no problems.

If you want to make a lot of calls cheaply, you%26#39;re better off buying an Indian sim card, but frankly, if you%26#39;re only there for a fortnight, you probably won%26#39;t need anything like that. I think most British mobiles work over there so people would be able to contact you, or you them.

Hope you have a fab time.


Daznccc,

Yes you can but i think they are quite expensive there compared with other things. Better off taking your own or as said before use public phones, they are cheap to phone home.

Jane


WHEN WE WERE THERE IN APRIL I TOOK A BLOCKED PHONE WITH ME had it unblocked 200 rupees bought an idea sim card one for life i text all my friend over there now and it cost me 5 rupees a text from england while there itll cost me 1 rupee to text anyone in goa and 5 rups to text home. i got my sim from babutts shop in calangute, all i do is text my pal and he tops up the phone for me over there and it works fine.


Hi does anyone know if i take my own mobile and buy a sim over there to put in, will it only cost 5 ruppees to text home?

thanks !


See above, you can get your phone unblocked and but a sim card for that. I got indian vodaphone in January, and yes texts are really that cheap, as are telephone calls. Im off again in couple of weeks.


Read my last post, hope it makes sense. Also i did have to provide copy of my passport

  • white hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment